Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thunder Canyon Brewery

Just a quick review because I love this place. I always go there with my mom for lightning lunch. The best food deal in Tucson. I had the One Napkin Pork Sandwich. This is one of the best BBQ sandwiches in Tucson. I prefer it to most of the BBQ joints most of the time. The trouble is most of the BBQ joints are hit or miss while the TCB sandwich is consistant. I also had a couple of beers. The Barrel and I also had the Cask. The Cask was Roadrunner Ale with hops added and aged in stainless steel. It keeps its original flavor but the added hops kick it up a little bit. The finish is a lot cleaner because of the time in the stainless steel. The Barrel is Blackout Stout aged in used oak barrels with cherries. This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The cherries just add a little bit of sweetness which is balanced well with the oatmeal stout. If your looking for good microbrews Thunder Canyon is just getting better and better!

The food: 3 and a half out of 5

I always go for lightning lunch. Its standard pub fare nothing amazing but very solid and always good. The cookie dessert is really good too, but almost to big. I mean seriously that thing is huge. Always props to the fish and chips although I didn't have them this time they are a must try.

The place: 3 out of 5

Kind of built like a canyon, brown walls, brown floor. Just a lot of brown. The bar is cool its kind of like an old shed with dollar bills stapled to the roof. Nothing fancy but homey and fun. The bartender Michelle is always great.

Dollars and Sense: 5 out of 5

When can you get a lunch for 6$ with a beer? I mean the lightning lunch is the best deal in town. The handcrafted beers alone would go for that much in more hoity toity establisments.

The drink: 4 and a half out of 5

Some of the best handcrafted beers I have had. Definately one of the top two in Tucson. I'll leave the choice up to you on whether Nimbus or TCB is better. I would say that Nimbus has more beer drinker beers while TCB has both beer drinker beeers, and beers that may just start someone on their first journey towards hand crafted beers.

Overall: 4 out of 5 (not an average)

Great place good beer and solid food. Even if its just for lightning lunch, just go!

No comments:

Post a Comment